Montague Fresh are growers, procurers and marketers of many commercial apple varieties grown in Australia.
As well as commodity varieties, Montague grow and market a range of exclusive varieties sourced from overseas breeders. You can learn more about these varieties in Exclusive to Montague
- Pink Lady™ Apples are characterised by their bright pink blushed skin
- Pink Lady™ apples are relatively large with a firm, sweet, crisp, juicy flesh.
- Available late April - December
- A beautiful eating apple but also perfect for pies and sauces.
- Royal Galas are a medium sized sweet apple with a stripy skin
- Royal Gala is available from early February - October
- Galas have a sweet flavour, which makes them ideal for pies, sauces and salads.
- A delicate and sweet variety, Fujis are one of the best eating apples
- Fuji apples are available mid April - December
- Fujis are great in salads and can be used in pies, sauces and can be frozen.
- Granny Smith are coverted for their crisp tart flavour and bright white flesh.
- Granny Smiths are harvested in March and available all year round.
- The ultimate cooking apple, Grannies are great for baking, freezing, making salads, sauces and pies.
- Sundowner™ apples have a delicious taste with the sugar levels improving during storage.
- Sundowner™ apples are available September - February.
- Sundowner™ apples are perfect for baking and are a great summer apple.
- Red Delicious is a medium to large apple that can be eaten all year round.
- They have a medium sweetness are crisp with white, juicy flesh.
- Use Red Delicious apples in salads for an extra treat.
- Golden Delicious are mdium sized and are characterised by their freckly yellow skin
- Popular in tarts and pies, Golden Del can be caramelised for cakes and muffins.
- Golden Delicious is available from late March - November.