Montague Fresh are growers, procurers and marketers of many commercial pear varieties grown in Australia.
Packham Triumph Pears
- The Packham pear has a firm white flesh but still remains juicy with a rich flavour
- Packham Pears are available from May to January
- They are ideal on their own as a snack, for baking, poaching, in tarts or for salads.
Buerre Bosc Pears
- With a deep brown skin, the Buerre Bosc Pear is surprisingly sweet and juicy
- Beurre Bosc pears are perfect baked in tarts, pan fried or used in salads.
- Available from March to November
William Barlett Pears
- Also known as William Bon Cretian
- Williams Pears are medium sized pear and renowned for its yellow colour
- Williams pears are available from mid January to May.
- Williams Pears are versatile and are ideal fresh as a snack, or for poaching, baking and slicing into salads.
- Jospehine Pears have a bright green skin with a soft juicy flesh making it the perfect eating pear
- Josephine is available from April to the end of November.
- They make for a great snack in kids lunchboxes
- One of the only pears with a warm orange skin, the corella is the perfect presentation pear
- The Corella pear is available from April to the end of October.
- Corella pears are great eaten fresh or try them in a salad.
Red D'Anjou Pears
- The Red Anjou Pear is easily identified by it's bold red skin
- Red Anjou pears have a white, fine textured flesh which is perfect for salads
- A medium sized pear, the Red Anjou is available from April to November.
Red Sensation Pears
- The Red Sensation pear is distinguished by it's unique red and gold toned skin
- The Red Sensation pear is available from February to the end of May and is medium sized.
- The Red Sensation is perfect for desserts and fruit salads